Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween...and now October is done...

So yeah, Halloween was pretty much amazing! I saw this costume last Halloween of a warrior goddess and I really wanted it, but it was so expensive so I didn't get it. But I splurged and got it this year. :-D I was so happy I did! I looked freakin' hot!! I almost got something to show off my new belly button ring, but that'll have to wait for next year when it heals a little better. My boyfriend went as the Dos Equis Guy from those commercials for that beer, Dos Equis. He looked great!

Anyway, I was really bummed out that I wasn't going to be able to go up to visit my boyfriend at his school (my alma mater) cuz they do Halloween so well up there, but I originally had to work. So, to make me feel better my boyfriend convinced me to hold a party at my place instead. Then, I got taken off the schedule at work! But I decided to hold my party anyway instead of canceling it and going up to my old school. That was the best decision ever! My party ended up being a blast! My boyfriend invited a bunch of his friends, my old roommate came by, and a bunch of friends from high school that I hadn't seen in FOREVER dropped by too! It was so exciting. We played beer pong and some other drinking games! It was great!! I have a feeling that the party I almost went to instead included playing rock band, not drinking games.

The next day my boyfriend and I went to celebrate my Uncle's birthday at a museum. Neither of us had ever been to a museum for a party before! It was a transportation museum...they had old cars, old horse buggies....and basically showed how transportation had changed over the years. My uncle is on the board of directors at the museum and owns a small portion of the museum. So they closed down the museum and we had a party in the party room and the museum was just for us to explore! No screaming kids on a field trip or anything like that! It was pretty neat and I think my boyfriend had a really great time.

That night, we went to a costume party at a bar that we found over the summer. We went there a lot for trivia nights and to watch the Steelers games on Sundays. They had a HUGE costume party....there were SO many people. And there was this DJ and he said that if you changed your facebook status to say that you were at "Pregame" (that's the name of the bar), then you would get a free round of toxic shooters. Neither of us had any idea what they were, but they were SOOO good so we got another round. LOL! There was a costume contest too, but we didn't win.

So then, October was over....it was so sad. Halloween is definitely my favorite holiday. I am sad it is over. I love to dress up. :-(

But now it is November...time for NaNoWriMo which I had heard about in high school before it became a really big event. Now there are millions of people that are doing it....I  kind of wish I had done it before it was so popular....cuz now I feel like a bandwagoner. But I've known about it for years, it's just that November is right around the time that the high school play would be doing dress rehearsals and would be consuming my life....so novels were not happening. Although, I write stuff regardless of what month it is. But I plan to interpret National Novel Writing Month as literally novel writing month. In other words, I think I'm just going to work on whatever novel floats my boat that day instead of trying to write a whole new novel in a month. I have so many started and I'm pretty sure I have nearly 50,000 words written of at least one of them, so I may get further on a few novels I've already started, but I don't imagine I'll finish anything, but you never know. I have two ideas that I plan to expand upon, but I have a feeling both ideas would make better short stories than novels....but we'll see how it goes. I'll keep everyone (all one of you) updated with how things are going.

And speaking of plays...I made the executive decision to drop out of It's a Wonderful Life. It's just too hard to work 8 hours a day and be in the play...especially since most of my 8 hours are during play practices. I think if my hours were less sporadic and more consistent, I'd be able to do it. And I have a Spanish class during practices too. So, yeah...that didn't work out....

Anyway, off to see what I can do about writing....

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had your party, too! Best fun I've had in ages, and hey, cute boys! ;P

    ReplyDelete